New Guy

Friz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Good Morning!<br />Just registered and logged on today. I have recently become the proud owner of a 20' Bayliner Cuddy "Project Boat".<br />The hull seems sound, the interior is all removed but included, motor runs but has an oil leak.<br />I've never owned a boat like this so it willbe a learning experience and I hope to tap the knowledge here to avoid too many costly mistakes. I am a motor guy and mechanically and electically adept, just not a very experienced boat guy.

eeboater

Commander
Re: New Guy

I grew up with a 20' Bayliner Cuddy - I think it was an 87. Maybe an 89. Lots o' great memories on that.<br /><br />Congrats on the new boat!<br /><br />Sean

one more cast

Captain

Welcome Friz, You will find your answers here for sure and don't be a stranger to posting.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Welcome, be sure to get a manual and learn how to service everything properly.<br /><br />Above all, have fun.<br /><br />Ken

dolluper

Captain

Howdy Friz see you found the dungeon,everything above here is better :D :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Welcome to iboats Fritz, its a great place to spend the time when you're not out on the water. :)

cntrydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome<br />I've got an old 19' cuddy myself. My family loves it!

mvaughn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

welcome to the wealth of knowledge, know as iboats

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

You come here lots. You get hooked. You no leave.<br /><br />Dave..

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Welcome aboard Friz. There is alot of good BS down here, but all the real important info is kept upstairs. Post alot and youll be a ranking officer in know time. :D

Friz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br /> Welcome aboard Friz. There is alot of good BS down here, but all the real important info is kept upstairs. Post alot and youll be a ranking officer in know time. :D
I noticed that everyone has "ranks" here. How long before I'm advanced to Chief? I'm a retired US Navy CPO and want to get back ASAP! ;) <br /><br />A little more on the boat. It has a 5.7 and Volvo 275 OD, the interior all has to be redone, don't know about the floor yet. Part of the floor has new plywood, but I'll probably pull it up to see what's underneath. Don't know what year it is yet (It's a trade and a damn good one as far as I'm concerned, so I didn't ask too many questions yet). I may pull it home Saturday and next week will know more about it, then ask you folks for some advice.<br />Thanks for the warm welcome!

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome aboard Friz. <br /><br />I just figured it out!! If I had been welcoming every new iboater I would have -- 16084 post! <br /><br />Now you don't have to figure out how come some of these guys have zillons of posts! And, how they got their rank.

Friz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

For all you old (or new) Swabbies out there; Isn't there supposed to be a Chief's Initiation?

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Friz:<br />
Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br /> Welcome aboard Friz. There is alot of good BS down here, but all the real important info is kept upstairs. Post alot and youll be a ranking officer in know time. :D
I noticed that everyone has "ranks" here. How long before I'm advanced to Chief? I'm a retired US Navy CPO and want to get back ASAP! ;) <br /><br />Thanks for the warm welcome!
If I remember correctly you only need 396 more posts, or new members to welcome. Good Luck Friz. ;)