New guy here 1994 Cobia Monte Carlo 188

cool hand

Cadet
Just purchased a '94 Cobia Monte Carlo with the 4.3 Yamaha and love it. I've been searching the internet high and low for any information on these things and have found virtually nothing. Is there any good source for information on these?? It appears as though both the 4.3 yamaha and the Cobia bowrider have gone exstinct. Seems like a shame as the boat we got is exactly what we wanted and seems to be of excellent quality.

cool hand

Cadet
Re: New guy here 1994 Cobia Monte Carlo 188

Here are some pics. Since there seems to be little information and photos of these boats, i'll try my best to update this thread with any pictures and information I can find.

Here are some pics.

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

r0caldwe

Cadet
Hopefully this helps.

Hopefully this helps.

I purchased a 1992 Monte Carlo 228ES this past week. I contacted Cobia and got the original brochure for the 1992. Below I included the name and contact info for the lady who helped me get the necessary info.

If you find out anything at all please let me know. I'm not even sure who the builder was this year.

-Ronnie

Janalyn J. Slater
Customer Service/Warranty

772.465.0631 ext. 109

jslater@mbcboats.com

Maverick Boat Company
Maverick, Hewes, Pathfinder, Cobia
www.mbcboats.com

next boat

Recruit

Hello new guy. I just bought a Cobia bowrider, and I really like the look of it. Mine is the 198E. I have been having cooling issues, and I think I have to replace the water pump. I have only been able to find parts from MARINEPART FINDERS. FYI- If you need anything from them there # is 561-748-0053. The yamaha sterndrive apparently was bought out (possibly mercruiser) and they only made them for like 3 years.

Attachments

• cobia4.jpg
    cobia4.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 2

cool hand

Cadet

Thanks for the info. Next boat....from the pic it appears your boat looks just like mine. Do you have any bigger pics??

bd4021

Recruit

Hi guys, I have a 1994 cobia monte carlo and was wondering if any of you had your owner's manual. I had one and lost it last year. If you do, I was wondering if I could get a copy of it(I would obviously pay for any expenses related)...thanks.

Brian

wfstott

Recruit

I have a 1995 23 ft Cobia Monte carlo bow rider. I am refurbishing it now and putting it the water this week. I still have not did the interior; but have the engine (chevy 5,7 litre) running good now. Just fixed the trim / tilt motor, but am having problems figuring how to hook the wires back up. Like an idiot, I did not take photos or notes on how the blue, green and black wires were hooked up to the 3 selenoids. There is also a red wire (I beleve., hooked up at one end to another selenoid, but the other end is not hooked up yet. Can anyone help me with photos of those connections or a diagram or just tell me where they hook to? I really need to get a manual for the 5.7 ltr engine and Yamaha drive too! But where??????? Bill in Pensacola, Florida 850-723-0759