New Glastron owner!

Pappyball

Cadet
Hello All.

Stumbled on this site when I was searching for info. on my new Glastron.

I picked up a great 1970 V156. This is my first Glastron and my first boat. It needs a full restoration but the bones of the boat are in great shape.

It's going to be a big job but I Can't wait to bring her back to her former glory.

Attachments

• DSC00279a.jpg
    DSC00279a.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 0

jt185

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: New Glastron owner!

I'm also new to this site, but welcome and congratulations on the boat!

I almost bought a boat like that here in Iowa. It was a 76 and had a 90 hp Johnson on it which was pretty new. The boat had a rotten floor and probably stringers. It was in the water and I test drove it. It flew with that 90 on it! Great hole shot. Good luck on the restore. I was seriously considering a restore on my 79 Starcraft, but I backed out on the idea, traded it in and ordered a new boat.

Aqualift

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I can't wait to follow your restoration and and see this classic Glastron back in the water! I know I love my 1970 Glastron V-142 SkiFlite. :D Those curved front windshields on the V-156 are pretty cool.

TJShag13

Seaman Apprentice

NICE V-156!!!

I have a '73 which doesn't have the curved glass and the bow seats are on the sides instead of the bench in the front. If you haven't found classicglastron.com you should check it out, tons of great info there on glastrons like this:

http://www.classicglastron.com/70gl-v156-157.html

Good luck with the resto!

kevman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a 74 Glastron Starflight that is in pretty decent shape. Looking forward to getting it in the water next spring. I wont have any pics except for this one until spring. Its really dirty in the pics. I did get a chance to wash it before I covered it. The marks on the hull all cleaned up well.

Kevin

Attachments

• boat1.JPG
    boat1.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 0

kevman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Any progress yet? We would love to see pics of your progress. I would love to see more Glastron restos on here.

GXL205 Deke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I too am a new owner as of the end of last season. bought a 14hr 2007 gxl 205. Keep posting our restore. I am very interested to see the progess. Love those old little runabouts

kevman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Red Fury. I have been watching your progress on CGOA. Its coming along nicely.

Kevin

Ced

Recruit

I'm also new to iboats with a 71 glass that after hearing it run, paid $1650 w/o hagglin'. 85hp Rude runs & gets on a plane like a dream. Decided i needed more room for fishing so removed the seats & of coarse found soft spot on the starboard rear side. I've taken the floor out & checked the transom but stopped grinding & sanding until I get a proper respirator,which I learned about reading the many post here. Iboats "Rock!" Can't get enough of the of the vast knowleged & pics. I didn't know what or who a transom was 3 years ago, when my wife got tired of me renting little jon boats with my 36# minnkota trolling motor. Now after tons of reading,watching & listening I'm convinced I can have a really nice/safe fishing boat. Oh yeah, huge job! Pics coming soon, three more days of rain here in the Inland NW. Car canopy works wonders.