New Glastron MX 175 for fishing

zoom50

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys got a couple questions…<br /><br />I am going to purchase a new Glastron MX 175 in a few weeks and I am fairly new to boating and never owned a new boat. I will be using this boat in the Chesapeake and tidal rivers to cruise and fish. The boat is all composite and has a 3.0 Volvo which should be fine given the usual 1-2 foot waves on the bay limiting speed. The windshield does not wrap around far which allows fishing room off the sides. My questions are:<br /><br />1.Should I wax or put wax/protector on hull and seats before taking it out the first time?<br /><br />2.Does it hurt the outdrive when keeping it up while on trailer (my yard is sloped and requires it to be up so it does not hit ground)<br /><br />3.Where I launch the boat, it can be shallow…how far up can I put outdrive to get into the deeper water without risking damage to u-joints?<br /><br />4.Any tips on setting up a bait cutting board system that keeps the slop from getting on seats?<br /><br />Any help with any of these questions would be great!

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: New Glastron MX 175 for fishing

Re #2 - If you would like to keep it down just dig a hole in the yard for it.

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer
Re: New Glastron MX 175 for fishing

Go to the hardware store and get your self a 18"X24" piece of formica scrap. It makes a great cutting board for anchovies.<br />When fishing take your carpet out. I have a glastron 175sx and it's nice to fish out of. I just make sure to bring plenty of paper towels and orange fantastic to clean up after fish mess. <br />When you get home take the garden hose with a spray handle and do a quick clean up.