New fuel sender

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I tested and need to replace my fuel sender. Looks like standard 5 hole replacement is all I need. The two primary brands seem to be Tempo and Teleflex. Anybody have experience as to whether one is better than the other?<br /><br />I've seen on some places selling the Tempo statements like "It has been proven by independent laboratory tests to last up to twice as long as competitive sender." Since they neither identify the 'competitive sender' nor provide reference to the test (I couldn't find anything when I tried to search for it), the statement doesn't mean much to me.<br /><br />One other thing, though, the Teleflex is usually listed (and pictured) as containing the mounting gasket & screws, while the Tempo one often doesn't. Anyone know if those are NOT included with the Tempo unit?<br /><br />I've seen a couple of even cheaper units on eBay, but had a hard time making out the brand name. If any of you 'old salts' have experience with other inexpensive brands that you would recommend, please pass that on.<br /><br />Thanks for any feedback.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New fuel sender

Can only comment on the Teleflex, had to replace my original sender a couple of years ago, dealer told me it was a direct replacement, once I adjusted the arm length for my tank it was done and has worked fine ever since, came with gasket and new screws. Compared to the price of some senders in cars these days it was "CHEAP" at least for a boat part. :)