New fuel pump?

alloycowboy

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
20
Ok... i have a mariner 25. New plastic gas tank, new lines, new bulb(which is in the right direction), new inline filter. It will run at WOT for about 2-3 minutes then die. It will start right back up. But, I can run at 3/4 throttle all day. Today on the water it started to act up and couldnt put the throttle past 1/4 or it would die. Then after about 20 minutes of that it would run at WOT for about 15 minutes. Any clue? I think its a fuel pump problem...
 

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
6,469
Re: New fuel pump?

I would rebuild the fuel pump and be sure to include the check valves. The kit from Merc include new style check valves and instructions for installing them.
 

alloycowboy

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
20
Re: New fuel pump?

I plan to, but I can find the serial number on the motor to get parts
 
Top