New fishing project

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: New fishing project

Danger, I actually downloaded and used those plans, I just need to assemble the planerboard (paint has been curing). I had all the stuff for this entire project, boards and mast, laying around. I only needed to spend about $12 for the shaft that fits my casting chair socket. Cheap and easy, now I have to wait until spring to use the darn thing... :(

imported_bjs

Petty Officer 1st Class

where do you sit with that deal you made?looks like it will work pretty good engineer.maybe you can start selling them. good idea. <br /><br />a bad day fishin is better than a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

DangerDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

why wait til spring? drive a stake in the ground and use those boards on the rivers....You got any steel runnin thar in Idaho?

koolerb

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK, I'll bite. Whats' a planerboard?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Racer, it is removeable. When I am bass fishin, I can put the chair in. When I am trollin', I can put the mast in. I always sit in my helm seat when I troll anyway, so I don't need a seat up front.<br /><br />Danger, I am one of those "fair weather fishermen". I don't mind cold, but I am not a huge fan of being out on this lake when it is windy, raining/snowing, and cold, which is pretty much what goes on from now until April. Other than the Clark Fork river, my other rivers are too slow to do as you describe. Besides, I really prefer to fish from the boat any more.<br /><br />Koolerb, a planerboard takes your line out away from the boat. If you google Planerboard, there are sites that discuss them.