New cover

MASTER Brian

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I still have the original cover for my 373v, but it has definately seen better days. In the 4yrs I've owned the boat, I've managed to somewhat keep it together, but not sure it'll last another season.

Last year I contacted Ranger and they told me they would make me a brand new factory cover for around $700 +/- $100, all they needed to know was what electronics, motor and troller on on the boat. I see that I can get a generic cover from places like Overtons for a few hundred $$ and I've been quoted around $500-$1000 to have someone local make me a custom cover.

I guess the question is am I better off going with the factory cover, a generic or a local custom cover? The boat sits out in the winter, but I cover with the cover AND a heavy tarp. Part of my wondering is will having a factory cover help with resale and resale value when/if I ever sell this boat??

Thanks,
Brian

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: New cover

Does your boat have a trolling motor? I have my original cover but it doesn't fit over the trolling motor since that has been replaced. I'm having someone come and modify it so it works though.

Brian.

MASTER Brian

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: New cover

Yes, I have the trolling motor and I believe it is still the one that came on it from the factory. Wouldn't mind a newer one, but it still works great, especially in 24v mode.