New Console for Bass Tracker

Jmbradford

Recruit
Hey need some ideas or if I anyone knows, im rebuilding a 89' Bass Tracker Pro 17 and Im looking to get a new console, The originals that are in them are way to big length wise. They take up way to much space in an already relativly small boat and I am trying to maximze deck space by extending the deck back as far as I can and put in storage hatches in. So does anyone know if I can buy a new console directly from tracker or a tracker dealer? I also have thought about just building one out of sheet metal because I work in a sheet metal shop and have everything at my finger tips to do it, but I dont think it will look as nice.

Attachments

• tracker.jpg
    tracker.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 3
  • console.JPG
    console.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 2
  • cosole2.JPG
    cosole2.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 2

sman60

Cadet
Re: New Console for Bass Tracker

Great idea.
Personally, I would build my own console to save all that space.
You could carpet over the new one (if you are using carpet) and it would all match, or polish it all up...
:)

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice

I agree I would make your own, great looking boat I am working on one just like it.

CBreez

Recruit

Very nice boat. I have an '86 Bass Tracker TX17 I'm in the process of rebulding as well. I've searched high and low for an original console replacement for my boat, but seems as though there are none to be found. I contacted a local Tracker parts supplier and the saleman told me he can't even source a console that old. Since you have skills working with sheet metal, making your own sounds like the best way to go, plus you can customize it to your specs.