New camshaft for 262 OMC Cobra

thomasjpierce21

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
17
I'm rebuilding my 262 OMC Cobra that blew up on me and I'm the market for a new hydraulic roller cam. I've looked through GMPartsDirect and CompCams catalogs but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other place to search.

I assume cost will be right around $259-$289 based on what I've seen.

Any help ro direction provided is greatly appreciated!!!

Thomas
 

Bondo

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 17, 2002
Messages
71,535
Re: New camshaft for 262 OMC Cobra

Ayuh,..

What's a matter with the original,..??
 

chiefalen

Captain
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
3,598
Re: New camshaft for 262 OMC Cobra

You know i didn't even want to post to this one, but i have to point out the 262 is way under powered compared to a more modern v8.

Don't get me wrong, but why go thru building a puny 262 ??

When for the same money you could ether buy a truck 350 long block, new crate motor. And throw on a 500 dollar special set of manifolds and risers.

Or if your good?? Build a nice 350 from scratch, and still be about the same money into it as a new long block??

I know it's not the question you asked, and if you were to say Chief take a hike this is the way i want to go then so be it.

Just don't make sense to me, i wish i could have put a 350 in my POS but no way i could shoe horn it in.
 

a70eliminator

Captain
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,762
Re: New camshaft for 262 OMC Cobra

Depends on how big the boat is?

By the way is a your 262 a V6? I was thinking pontiac had a little 262 V8 Ford had a 260 V8.

Ah a 4.3 I found the answer myself I'm not knowlegable when it comes to Chevrolet motors as you can tell.
 
Top