New boat has arived! & my day after thoughts...

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: New boat has arived! & my day after thoughts...

i havent seen the vids yet.....my puter is messing up.......but the big thing is that you are happy with the way the hull is performing

Nandy

Commander

I told you to give it a sea trial before anything!!! :) That motor sounded great and the boat seem to manage well for the short video. If that is the way it is then you probably dont need to "fix" what is "broken". Is up to you. Now, inside the hull, you can probably get rid of all that extra weight specially if it dont serve your purpose. Good luck with whatever you do.

salty87

Commander

cool, did it turn out as good as you hoped?

i'd say it'll be fine, too. i think you'd need a bunch more ponies to start feeling any effect from the hook. ya gonna race it?...haha

BigB9000

Lieutenant Junior Grade

no, but im sure it is a lot faster now with the cap off and all. I know its a lot lighter now, seein that i can now lift the tong my myself

sschefer

Rear Admiral

no, but im sure it is a lot faster now with the cap off and all. I know its a lot lighter now, seein that i can now lift the tong my myself
O.K. you're killin me here, is it a Western underneath all that top or not?

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Ahh, the id plate must be missing. Oh well, I have a 14' Western and just about everything I've seen in your pictures is identical, right down to the shape and welding of the rub rails. Your's is just longer and wider. Western made some great boats but they always seemed to screw up the transoms. Not sure why that was. Mine only has 5" of freeboard with a 110lb motor on it and my 6'4" 225lbs sitting at the tiller. The longer sweep in the bow makes it really good in the choppy water.

BigB9000

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ahh, the id plate must be missing. Oh well, I have a 14' Western and just about everything I've seen in your pictures is identical, right down to the shape and welding of the rub rails. Your's is just longer and wider. Western made some great boats but they always seemed to screw up the transoms. Not sure why that was. Mine only has 5" of freeboard with a 110lb motor on it and my 6'4" 225lbs sitting at the tiller. The longer sweep in the bow makes it really good in the choppy water.

Yeah I noticed that. It did a great job, smoothest boat I have had yet