New Boat Bummer

harringtondav

Commander
Last June got a verbal trade in offer on my Larson B/R. The dealer said if ordered then my new Regal 1900ES would be shipped in Oct. OK. Four months. Good to know.

I used our Larson until Aug and sold it for 150% of the dealer's offer. I didn't want the new boat until this Spring, so I ordered it in mid Oct. Ooops, boat wouldn't be shipped until June. Apparently Regal closed a factory and is consolidating operations. Their big boats have priority. Still no biggie. In 10 seasons I got my boat in the lift twice by June due to high Mississippi levels.

Yesterday the dealer called and said my new boat won't be here until mid August. Eff me. He said I could cancel. They will take the boat and keep it in their stock. He said Regal stiffed them on at least two other boats last year.

<22' runabouts are becoming scarce with Rinker and others closing shop. So we've decided to stick with the Regal. No point in starting over now. The few that are available are over 1200 - 1400 miles away. Oh well, looks like I'll be spending more time on the river house basement finishing project this summer.

harringtondav

Commander
I have a 14' tinny you could borrow
....we have a 17' Grumman alum canoe with a 4 hp Merc two cyl 'Gnat' o/b on a side mount. The last two registration stickers are still unused. Maybe I'll fire it up this summer and apply that last sticker. Weekday calm water shore patrol rides.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Sucks about the delivery date. I would not be surprised if it gets pushed back even more.