Never in my wildest dreams.......stunned beyond belief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgiuf

Cadet
I was new to this forum a few months back-as a new owner of a 1802 Trophy. My Trophy was beautiful! Today- Father's day, of all days, I was planning on taking the kids out and walked out to the marina slip -I thought something was weird-it took a few moments to register it fully. My 115 mercury outboard was missing- GONE! The boat's interior was trashed- blood on the floor. We are still in shock!
We have been at this marina for years- they have never had anything like this happen before. The police were kind, the marina with their fake security cameras were kind-we are just numb. The bastards took it off the boat, down the walkway and out the marina, they left a blood trail.They gutted our gear, tried to hot wire the boat and couldn't- but left a mess behind. Insurance will never come close to replacing the lost. I just needed to share this with you-I don't even know how to advise against this happening to anyone else. It is beyond our grasp.

dadsaway

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Never in my wildest dreams.......stunned beyond belief!

What a terrible day for you. You have my deepest sympathies. I have this image of the family all excited for a day on the water and then they are met with that sight. Most of my freinds that are into boating are hard working slobs(said with nothing but respect) that don't ask for much; a well deserved day on the water with family and friends is heaven. The hopeless optimist in me says-DNA/blood-law enforcement-spread the word-justice. God speed.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

That sux! I really feel for you, the only thing I could say is, go with the flow, you'll get it back together, between the Ins. and "Marina", I'd hammer the marina for the bal. of repairs...Fake cameras! WTF! some how it'll come together. Sorry dude that hurts!

exsailor

Seaman Apprentice

That's terrible. I know how I'd feel if something similar happened and I don't wish that on anyone. Hope you get it all resolved, and quickly so you don't lose much of the season.

pgiuf

Cadet

An update-The police caught the guy-they can only charge him with possession at this point-though they are working on getting his accomplice. He is reporting he "found the motor floating"! What a piece of &#^%#. But the sad thing is-the Detective told me-the Prosecutor will need to prove this couldn't be. Again- what a bunch of ^&$^%^. The motor is shot-I guess it doesn't tolerate being dragged in the sand, dropped on the ground and submerged in water! We are busy trying to get the boat back to its former condition. Already missed the opening of crabbing. We are in the process of settling with the insurance company-The police, detectives etc all have said, even though this guy has a list of felony priors-he may not even be prosecuted-too many to go after-not enough resources. You can hear the dismay/frustration in their voices. I say BUILD MORE PRISONS!

lyle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

from DNA to simple finger prints I bet they have enough evidence (and people ) to prosecute this guy...I bet the DA would move ahead with the case if it was his boat....why don't you post the E-mail address for the law enforcement / DA office responsible and let your fellow trophy owners give you a hand in letting those guys know that that excuse doesn't fly

dadsaway

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for giving everyone an update. From somone who has had tools and things stolen and never finding the rotten #*%#@ so and so's that stole them, I'm glad you did. Kudos to the law enforcement for doing their job and I hope the prosecutors will do theirs. Good luck and please keep us updated.

jakebrake

Petty Officer 1st Class

engine was "FLOATING ALONG"????? are you F*&^%$ng serious?!!! and the detective didn't bust up laughing?? Is it Mercury season? are the evinrudes swimming upstream to spawn?

i hope your insurace covered it. did the marina offer any help?

sorry folks, it just p#@*&^s me off that people work hard, and get ripped off by a s&^%$ag who will play the system

MikDee

Banned

I don't know what to say,,, I'm so sorry to hear of your misfortune. Most of us have had something like this happen to them or someone they know, so we can all feel your pain :( I hope they find a way to nail this S.O.B. and his accomplice to the wall :mad: He is a repeat offender, how does he get away with the police going lightly on him? What about the 3rd strike law? I think I'd have to get my own restitution, if the police don't do it, but done mysteriously,,, like burning his car, boat, or house down, or some other freak, ahem,,, "accident" :mad:

SoFloStone

Seaman

PGIUF, Sorry to hear about your misfortune, at least you had the fortitude to have the boat insured.

Fingers crossed that the insurance pays out, and you are able to get the boat in a better condition that before.

Good luck.

bustermin

Banned

I am sorry to hear what happened to your boat. It seems to me, the Marina should be responsible for the loss, after all that part of the reason you store a vessel at a marina is for the security. I would think their insurance should cover the loss, if not, I think I would consult an attorney, to find out what options you might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.