Neutral out of position on Force 50hp

ddean

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
1
I just bought a used 1985 Bayliner with a Force 50hp outboard. When I click the shifter into the upright position, it is in reverse. To find neutral I push the lever forward a few inches. Forward and reverse work, so I was curious if a novice could adjust this easily to reposition neutral. <br /><br />Thanks for your help!
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: Neutral out of position on Force 50hp

Yes you can.<br />Kind of hard to tell what is out of adjustment from here.<br />You have to adjust the shift rod length with the coupler and jam nut.<br />While making sure the neutral interlock switch is engaged when in neutral.<br />And make sure the shift cable is properly installed.<br />Could be of more help if I was standing there looking at it.<br /><br />The best bit of advice I can give you as a new owner of a Force motor, is to get a service manual, either a factory manual or one from Clymer.
 
Top