Netflix

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer
Does anyone else have problems with the quality of discs that you are receiving. I have 4 Different dvd players in my house and I cant seem to get some of them to play on them. The new releases are fine but, its the older ones that I cant get to play.

Thanks for your help.
Adam

tommays

Admiral
Re: Netflix

My first old RCA DVD player was very fussy the current Sony Unit is not fussy at all

We rent a LOT of older movies

I get problems with about 25% of the disks needing a good cleaning BUT have only had a few that would not play after cleaning

You could allways see the dammage on the no plays and they have allways sent a nother if i note it on the return package

Tommays

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

I rent alot of kids stuff and they seem to be the worst. Usually a good wipe with a adamp cloth fixes them.

They don't want notes anymore..they now have a link on their website to report problems with discs.

-JMW

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

We have only had problems with 2 discs out of probably one hundred received.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Most of our kid's movies have some type of glitch, but kids are rough on cds. I've also had problems with some older stuff. If you report it online, they'll send you a new disc immediatly. My biggest problem is my wife filling up our queue with sissy movies and then letting them sit on the counter for a month.

I don't know if those work or not.;)

spots

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Probably have gotten two dozen NF dvd's. I have a 4? year old $26 dvd player that I got on sale somewhere. Never had a problem with any dvd's whether from Netflix or Hollywood Video.

I always turn the power off to the unit when we are done. A while ago, there was a thread about a component problem when you left them in standby mode. (power button off but stil plugged in)

Marc III

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Happens here too. It must be a female conspiracy.

Xcusme

Commander

Probably have gotten two dozen NF dvd's. I have a 4? year old $26 dvd player that I got on sale somewhere. Never had a problem with any dvd's whether from Netflix or Hollywood Video.

I always turn the power off to the unit when we are done. A while ago, there was a thread about a component problem when you left them in standby mode. (power button off but stil plugged in)

I think I remember that thread too....Apex (and others) brands of dvd players power supplies would go South if left on 24/7. Voltages would drift and cause certain dvd's to cause the player to display "ND" ..no disc....

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Most of our kid's movies have some type of glitch, but kids are rough on cds. I've also had problems with some older stuff. If you report it online, they'll send you a new disc immediatly. My biggest problem is my wife filling up our queue with sissy movies and then letting them sit on the counter for a month.

I don't know if those work or not.;)

spots

I have a solution for you guys who face the same exact thing as I do (did).

We have the rental option of having 3 DVDs out at a time. I have two separate queues for us. My wife has the queue that gets 2 movies out of it and I have a separate "man" queue for the 3rd movie. She gets the kids a movie and "us" a family movie that we "both" would like.

I rent things like Action and Adventure, Horror, etc. that she doesn't necessarily like.

Because I watch my movie typically the night I get it and return it the very next day, I end up getting about 8 movies-for-real-men movies a month just with my one rental. I can still put selections in "her" queue, but she doesn't touch mine.

Speaking to the subject at hand, We have used Netflix for about 2 years now and have had about 3 or 4 of them unplayable. A couple were actually cracked. Netflix never questions, but sends another one immediately.