Neighbor needs Tigershark repaired

EnoughAlready

Recruit
Now, I am 16 years old and I have dealt with Sea Doo. I have a passion for motorsports and I just love getting my hands into these recreational vehicles. I'll be considerate and skip my life story. Anyways, my neighbor has come to me with a 1995 Tigershark Montego because he wanted to know if I knew a thing or two. "hell yeah! I'll look into it" i told him. So he showed me the symptoms, and it seems to have hard starting, and it has no top end, and no propulsion. Okay easy fix, I will replace the wear ring and clean up his hull for him (giant oil pool). There's some things i would like to learn first. I am inclined and have knowledge for these things, need I remind you.

Suzuki engine.. on the case where the fly wheel is housed, why is there an oil fill cap on top? and what kind of oil goes into it? The throttle is linked so when you pull it, theres something on the front engine cover (flywheel housing) that turns, and then so does the carburetor butterfly valve. What is that some sort of valve on the front engine case? AND it leaks. Kind of a lot of oil... And It must be a gasket, It is too much to be just a small leak. Also, it kinda bogs and is hard to start. It runs rich for sure. I need to know the carburetor screws, what they do and how to adjust them. I am learning and I have a good idea of what I am doing, I just need reassurment. Diagrams, documents and other forums and any help would be much appreciated.

Also what is the cost of a wear ring? I have replaced one on my 1990 Sea Doo SP but This is an Arctic Cat so maybe it doesn't matter but just let me know please. Any info you need still that I may have missed, I am ready to answer c:

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Neighbor needs Tigershark repaired

I say forget the wear ring until you rebuild the carbs, tripple check the oil injection pump which is linked to the carbs and is probably where the oil is leaking from. You may consider bypassing the oil injection and pre mixing the gas. These engines are marine versions of snowmobile engines. Before doing anything check the compression to make sure you are not wasting your time. These pumps are a bit dirrerent from the sea doo pumps. They are also known for breaking reed valves, so I would check them also.