Needing Wiring Assistance After Engine Swap

kenny nunez

Captain
If you look at the wire harness and plug where the engine connects to the boat harness to the Ford engine the colors will match. Like I previously mentioned it may be easier to just swap the Ford harness to the Chevy.
I have done swaps like this before with all the stern drive engines and re using the harness was always the best way.

Bimmerknut

Seaman
Ayuh,...... If that white wire don't power up when the key is in the start position, the key switch is bad,.....
I was informed that if I bypassed the ignition switch with a jumper, that the motor would crank. It didn't.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
I was informed that if I bypassed the ignition switch with a jumper, that the motor would crank. It didn't.
Not sure what that means. I don't think anyone in this thread advised that, although it will crank if you jump it correctly. You never answered the questions about getting 12v at the white wire when in the start/cranking position. Sounds like you were in the run position, which should have 12v at the purple and the red only on the ignition switch