Need your thoughts and prayers(update)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just got an email from a real close friend of mine that works for the Dept. of fish and wildlife about his new born son. <br />Please read and keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers for me. <br />__________________________________________________ <br />Hey guys, <br />Sorry I haven't written. Things have been crazy around here. The baby was born on 1/26/04 at 2:43pm. Michelle had him in less than 40 minutes. The doctor noticed that his index finger on the right hand was missing and his middle finger and ring finger was fused. That really bothered everyone until his oxygen saturation would not stay up. The doctor's kept working on him for almost two hours before we got to see him. They told us he had to go to a neonatal UCI immediately in Lexington. they flew him on the helicopter right away. They discharged Michelle right then and we all went to Lex. Everybody was scared to death and we all prayed. He had to stay five days in ICU but we are home now. They found that his heart formed with a hole between the bottom parts. Also the pulmonary vein has blockage because the muscle is too thick there. That's why he can't breathe very well. He is sceduled to have heart surgery when he is 6-9 months old. He only has problems if he gets too excited and forgets to breathe. We are keeping him in Knott Co. with Mom and Dad so we can watch him 24/7. The doctor believes it to be genetic. Neither of us have any history of any gentic problems in our families. We will know more in a few weeks when the genetic test comes back. He's doing great and eating like a pig. He peed on me and some man sitting across the room in the ICU. I swear it went about 15 feet. I'm trying to send pictures. Let me know if you don't get them. <br />Jason&Michelle

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Need your thoughts and prayers(update)

Sorry to hear the bad news Spinner. Our thoughts a prayers will be going out for the family. I pray that everthing will be okay..

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Sorta makes all the other problems in the world small, don't it.<br /><br />Best wishes and prayers are on the way Spinner.

aspeck

Staff member

SBN, your friend has my thoughts and my prayers are going out for he and his family.

tylerin

Commander

My thoughts go out to your buddy's son and his family, Spinner. I hope all goes well.

LadyFish

Admiral

I echo all the above sentiments. I'm sure having you there for moral support helps ease their concern.

Carphunter

Commander

So sorry to hear SBN. :( <br /><br />They will all be in our prayers, as will you.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Consider it done...Friend of yours is a friend of mine.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Spinner, You & yours, your buddy's family & son are in our prayers, as well. Don't be too bummed, however! The medical community is making great strides in neo-natal repair surgeries and treatments. Here's hoping that this is one of them!<br />Your friends,<br />Brian & Karen

gaugeguy

Captain

That little guy and his family will be prayed for, keep us posted.

Raghauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Prayers here, too. He'll 'proly turn out to be a good first mate soon 'nuff.

lund17

Petty Officer 1st Class

You and your friends are in my prayers. I'll "circle the wagons" of my pryer group as well. God Bless.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Tough start for the little guy. Our thoughts are with him.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Positive thought are on the way.

waterinthefuel

Commander

I dealt with babies who were in bad shape more often than I wanted to. I used to work at the local airport, and my job was the night aircraft refueler. Little did I realize LifeFlight's came through during that time. I wasn't on the job 2 months and I assisted putting a little baby, and I mean little, like newborn, into a plane to be flown to New Orleans for emergency treatment. There was a lul in the action for a brief moment and I peeked into the little ICU thingy and I saw the little baby, and he turned and looked right at me. <br /><br />You know something like that you never forget.<br /><br />To this day I don't know if any of the children I helped ever lived through their ordeal. <br /><br />God damn I'm crying like a baby just trying to finish this post.<br /><br />Dude, I promise you I will pray for that guy. I was touched by very sick babies in ways that most people can't even imagine.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just an bad update. <br /><br />The little fellow past away on 5/20 after having complications from heart surgery. <br /><br />Just found out today and I am feeling pretty bad right now. <br /><br />I had already got the little guy his own rod and reel. <br /><br />I was kinda like his godfather so to speak. <br /> <br />I know your thoughts will be with him and his family and I thank you for that. :( :( :(