Need Windshield - '98 19ft VIP Runabout

texomatom

Seaman
Posted this in the VIP section earlier.
Looking for broader opinion here ....THX

I need to replace the drivers front windshield on my 98 Valiant (19 ft bowrider). I'm have problems locating one. Mfg is Water Bonnet. They don't have one nor does VIP. No numbers on it to ID with. So I'm trying to locate a used one in the DFW/Texoma area.

I have the frame to match up with prospective donor boats. I've matched it up to a couple of diffrent 18 and 19 foot bowriders (a 92 Glasstream 180SE for one). But, these boats were on a lot for sale. I can't locate any boat yards or salvage boats.
I'm wondering what happens to worn out and wrecked boats?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

Tom

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Need Windshield - '98 19ft VIP Runabout

Call a plastics fabricator and explain your problem. They should be able to custom make one.

texomatom

Seaman

I guess I should have mentioned it's curved safety glass. I'd like to replace with the same if possible.
I will go with plexi glass if I have to - just to get back on the water ASAP.

Thanks!

Tom

texomatom

Seaman

Still trying to locate a windshield.....Just wanted to bring this back to the top.

I've found this glass on aseveral manufactures boats - VIP, Glasstream, Stingray and Crownline. There are probably more entry-level to mid-level manufacturers that used water bonnet as their supplier. All that I've found were in the 1992-2000 year models and 18-20 feet in length. I guess I've been really lucky - three different lots have allowed me to compare my frame with the boats on their lot.
Pictures : http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/texomatom/Boat Pictures/

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Tom

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

there are quite a few post on replacing the curved windshield yourself, using lexan. really not that hard.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

With all the models that you found that use that windshield, see if these people might have a donor boat (parts boat).

"http://www.boatrecycling.com/"

texomatom

Seaman

Thanks guys.
Tashasdaddy: Thats my plan if I can't locate a replacement this off season. I appreciate the link.
Boomyal: Thanks for the link - I hadn't seen that site before. I'll give it a shot!
Tom