Need some help to replace the power trim hoses

engineer1978

Recruit
Hi,

I had a ATF leak due One of the Hydraulic hoses need to be replaced.

I am getting some troubles to take that hoses out from the upper end. When I actually try undo the upper
fitting, spins,spins but the hose doesn?t come out. So I guess that the fitting of this hose is connected to
another fitting in the other side of the tramson, and I dont have access to it without removing the hole outboard out... Am I correct?
I hope to be wrong.

Please let me know if you guys have any idea, take a look at the attached pics.

Engine D6-310 A-B
Drive unit: DPH-A 1.76
Transom: DPH-B (single)

I will appreciate your help

Thank you

Mauricio

Attachments

• PowerTrimHose.jpg
    PowerTrimHose.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 0
  • powertrimhose1.jpg
    powertrimhose1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 0

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need some help to replace the power trim hoses

Pics of the otherside?
Your right it might need to be taken apart.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hard to say what we are looking at in those closeup pictures, but they look like pictures of the trim cylinders on the outside of the boat. Is this correct? You do have to remove the outdrive to get to the trim cylinders, but I think your asking about removing the transom shield itself from the boat. That shouldn't be necessary. Depending on the design of the boat and access, you should have access to the inside of the boat to get to the trim hoses.
The file below should show you what to look for.

View attachment Trim hose DPH.pdf

angus63

Captain

Like Don said, difficult to discern what we are seeing. The second pic indicates to me the integral swaged hose/fitting side of the system. I would guess the opposite side of that "fitting" shown would have a flared tube and retaining nut assembly for separating and removing.