need some feed back

wellyboy

Cadet
Hi, I am thinking of buying a remanufactured 5.7 mercruiser long block from Rapidomarine in Florida, has anyone used one of their engins or know anyone that has? please let me know, Thanks

Silly Seville

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: need some feed back

Hi, I am thinking of buying a remanufactured 5.7 mercruiser long block from Rapidomarine in Florida, has anyone used one of their engines or know anyone that has? please let me know, Thanks

Just do a search on this site for "Rapido Marine". There have been many discussions about this, and many opinions given.

My opinion...avoid Rapid-O and call Michigan Motorz. They are courteous professionals, and have great reviews.

Walt T

Lieutenant
Re: need some feed back

They've been around a long time and in this business how a shop handles warranties will make them or break them. All machine shops have failures, most will step up. I've replaced engines built by Rapido, they supplied the engine and paid costs to swap up to a point. No complaints from me. Do your warranty homework, know exactly what warranty covers and doesn't. If you can, use a local or close by engine builder.