Need OEM Manual for 1989 Bass Tracker Pro17

dlsalmon62

Recruit
Anybody have a full manual they could attach for a 1989 Bass Tracker Pro 17? Or at least a wiring diagram (full and console)? THANK YOU

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: Need OEM Manual for 1989 Bass Tracker Pro17

Have you tried contacting BassPro shops for one?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats.

Manuals rarely ever show the wiring diagrams and are mostly "Boating Safety" oriented.

You probably will not find one. There are generic wiring diagrams in the "electrical" section here Electrical, Electronics, Audio and Trolling Motors since many of the boats are rigged individually at dealers.

The most important manual you will need is the manual for the motor. Depending on the motor the best manual you can get are the OEM shop manuals.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

wiring on a boat doesn't get much simpler than that one... what are you needing to know? what are you working with?

dlsalmon62

Recruit

wiring on a boat doesn't get much simpler than that one... what are you needing to know? what are you working with?

Thanks smokeonthewater. My husband is working on the boat so I'm not exactly sure, but pretty sure he needs to fix issue with onboard depth finder and trim switches.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks smokeonthewater. My husband is working on the boat so I'm not exactly sure, but pretty sure he needs to fix issue with onboard depth finder and trim switches.

You don't need an owners manual or a wiring diagram for that. The trim is a motor issue, not boat. Depth sounders are not boat items either. The dealer may install one on a new boat to sell it, but it wouldn't be in the manual or on the wiring diagram.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

yep find us some more details and have him check in and we'll help... the power for the depth finder is on positive and one negative wire and USUALLY the trim is 3 wires (1 hot and 1 each for up and down).... most likely the trim issue is either damaged wiring inside the control arm (is it popping fuses?) or in the trim unit itself on the motor.