FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I aquired a sears 7.5 hp outboard motor the mode# 574-59950 , the carb is a Marvel-Schevel the numbers on carb tag are sum-20 68J<br />I need to know who manufatured this motor, and I also need a carb kit and other parts. Sears was not much help.
From the information you supplied I suspect that it is an air cooled motor built by Eska or Clinton. You might try your local lawn and garden equipment repair shop.
If the motor is white, probably made by chrysler. If green or green/ white and is air cooled, I think those were made by Tecumseh. Thats as much as I know about Sears engines except that if its the later, insure it and let it slip off your transom in the deepest part of the lake.