Need help with Wiring on 79 Evinrude

jonboatbassin

Seaman
Well this year my motor wont start or even try to so first I got a new ignition thinking it was bad since it caught fire last year. After wiring it up the best I could according to the package which didnt match my old setup it still wouldnt do anything. I got to looking at the wiring and its all dryrotted and all needs replaced. I ordered a new harness from the plug to all the connections and after trying to figure it out I realized they ordered the wrong one and come to find out the one I need is discontinued so I have to rewire it all direct without the plug. I started on this a couple weeks ago thinking I had a better memory than I actually do so now I have several wires just sitting loose and I have no idea how or where they go. Could someone please post somekind of a diagram so that I can have some clue as to what goes where. The main problem is at the silanoid, Ive got all the wires off that and dont know how it hooks back up along with several other misc wires.<br />Thanks a TON for helping if you can.<br />The motor is an electric start 1979 Evinrude 35hp.<br /><br />Thanks again

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Need help with Wiring on 79 Evinrude

What color wires ya having trouble with, Jon? Are they wires in the harness or the engine?<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

jonboatbassin

Seaman
Re: Need help with Wiring on 79 Evinrude

off the top of my head i know I need to know which wires go to which spot on the silanoid and also which wire has the fuse in it. theres a couple mroe but i'll have to wait until this evening to know exactly which ones i need help with. im gonna go ahead and wire everything I know tonight and whatever is left loose I'll let you know.<br />btw- its the harness/set of wires from the plug to the motor.