Need help with stratos floor removal..

67MIke

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guy's after reading the archives and tearing in to my boat (17 ft stratos bass boat) I found that there is a beam (bulkhead?) running from side to side under the seats, no problem but the seats platforms are molded into the top half of the boat. Can I cut the platforms out or do I need to remove the top half of the boat, don't want to do that if possible. I can reach the rest I beleive to redo stringers just not sure about the platforms, also, can I add a bench type seat while doing this or.... thanks MIke

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Need help with stratos floor removal..

Taking the top off isn't as bad as it sounds, and it makes putting new structure in so much easier, especially in a situation like yours. In my opinion, you would burn less time and energy by removing the top. The time saved by not having to mess with manuevering materials under things or trying to glass things upside down or some other contortion would outweigh the time spent removing the top. Just my opinion....

67MIke

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Need help with stratos floor removal..

You made your project look simple tho ... :) <br /> Plus my wife our boat to still float in one piece. I may have to do that tho.. are there any big things to watch out for ? and thansk Mike