Need help with prop and hub kit

Ray74

Seaman Apprentice
Recently purchased a new stainless steel prop(BRP part number 763959) for my 1998 Johnson ocean pro 130 (model number E130TXACB) but the hub kit i received ( part number 0177283) doesnt seem to fit right. Almost like the brass spline isnt sliding into the plastic bushing far enough to fit firmly. Has alot of chatter . Anyone know if this is the correct hub kit for this prop? Maybe i didnt have it torqued enough. Any ideas,?

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Go to the top of this page and work your way into Props. Fill in the questions...you exact engine model, and look at the props. Usually the correct hub number is either part of the price or available at extra cost. Maybe your prop and correct hub number is posted.

Some hubs fit tighter than others to reduce "rattle" when operating. This could be the case with your prop. If you are having a length problem and the hub seems to be fitting in the prop correctly, you probably have the wrong thrust washer...the washer that goes on before mounting the prop and is usually direction sensitive as the ID is sloped. Removable hub props (as I have experienced) use a different TW than a built in rubber hub.