NEED HELP! Wiring question.

wtg2320

Seaman
Hello all, I just wired in a new fish finder. Finder works great but now my trim won’t work and pretty sure neither does my choke. Attached is a picture of the wires coming from throttle assembly and a pic of the loose wire. Any ideas what I did or does this wire connect somewhere? I couldn’t find anything. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo338457.jpg
    photo338457.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo338458.jpg
    photo338458.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1

alldodge

Staff member
This is an electrical question but it pertains to the motor wiring. What motor is in the boat?

alldodge

Staff member
Looks like a gray wire, and if so that might be the tachometer lead.

What wire did you tap into to power the FF?

The choke would be connected with a purple wire

The motor will start and run?

wtg2320

Seaman
Yes the motor starts and runs, but very rough to start which is abnormal. Pretty much just the trim and seemingly the choke are the only issues I'm having. The grey wire is coming from which looks like the trim switch with two other wires.

alldodge

Staff member
would the tack lead come from the throttle assembly?

Not from the motor, but there may be something else its used for

Things stopped working after the install, so check the fuse on the trim pump.

Where did the fish finder get connected at?

If you connected to the ignition purple wire then there may be a bad connection which took place when the connection was made. If its a bad connection the distributor may not be getting full voltage so its running rough

Use a voltmeter and measure power at the choke and coil when running. Voltage will be lower at the coil and full power at the choke

140 with points.jpg