Need help replacing impeller on Gamefisher 7.5

usnfirefighter

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
8
Ok so i finally got my motor running. after a few minutes i noticed no water was coming out of the 2 holes on the back. then it stopped. i assume the impeller is shot. how do i change it out? I tried getting the lower unit off with 2 bolts on the bottom. Any where else i shoudl look for bolts at?
 

jake505

Seaman
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
62
Re: Need help replacing impeller on Gamefisher 7.5

I think it has only two but there are two pins that hold it in too. If I remember correctly I had to get a screw driver between the two peices and pry it apart, but gently it shouldn't take to much pressure, dont want to crack the case
 

usnfirefighter

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
8
Re: Need help replacing impeller on Gamefisher 7.5

Still having problems gettiing the lower unit off. I loosened both bolts, and the unit moves about 1/2 an inch. it seems loose but won;t come off. I tried prying but nothing. am I missing something???????
 

usnfirefighter

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
8
Re: Need help replacing impeller on Gamefisher 7.5

Well i wasn't able to get the lower unit completely off, but removed the power head, and the lower unit dropped down farther. I checked the Impeller and to my surprise the impeller is immacullant (still rubbery). Then i realized the key that allows the impeller to spin on the shaft was just laying there. Started the motor up, let it run for about 20 minutes. and it didn;t die. I hope that was the issue. gonna try to optest it one day at the lake. Now I did notice the 2 water exhaust holes weren't putting out a stream of water, but it was misting. Everyone tells me that is correct. So guess i'm gonna see what happens.
 
Top