Need Help! New Deck 1994 Proline 210

leisjohn

Seaman Apprentice
I have several soft spots and 1 really bad spot on the deck of my new/old 1994 21' Pro-Line cc 25th anniversary edition. I just got the boat about 3 weeks ago and knew from the get go that there was some issues with the deck. I have never replaced a deck in a boat that has a liner. I have been ready on this forum for awhile and have seen the great suggestions and knowledge available so I feel confident that I can do this with some help.
I've been told that in order to replace the floor I have to pull the Liner completely out. That does not sound logical to me. Here is my thought, I was going to measure 4" out from the sides and cut the complete deck out, Sand the 4" edge down to wood and use 1/2" Ply soaked in epoxy resin then cloth over top. The 1 thing I'm concerned about is in the bow I have a large fish box area and I'm not sure about the deck under that area, Suggestions?:confused:

leisjohn

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Need Help! New Deck 1994 Proline 210 cc

Re: Need Help! New Deck 1994 Proline 210 cc

Thanks for the links. I have another question, Does anyone know if a 94 Proline has structural foam or foam just for flotation? I'm really concerned about how big a can of worms I'm about to open.:confused:

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need Help! New Deck 1994 Proline 210

make no bones about it........its a big ol can of worms !!!!!

if you want to boat this season....dont start....!

what you are planning to do can be done as long as the 4" edge is not rotted.

when you get in there.....you will see the foam....if its chunks....its not structural....if its expanded in and filles the whole area ....chances are its structural......

if the floor is rot.....the foam is wet.......the boat is a 95....so the stringers should still be good....but make sure......

DONT PANIC !!!!

we can walk you right thru it.....its not that tough.....just labor intensive.....

and forget about having it porfessionally done.......they will whip thru it so fast and not do the same job you would have.....

take lots of pics....and search , read the links td gave you....read the hull ext thread...it has all that stuff in it

cheers
oops

leisjohn

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Need Help! New Deck 1994 Proline 210

Thanks Oops. No this is a winter time project. I live in south Florida so the winds are usually nasty for 2-3 months. I figured I would start some time in November. The floor is not so bad that I can't use it this season. Thanks again for the information and I will post back here when I start.
Happy Hookin! :):):):):)