Need help Identifying a classic Larson

Hoppinhydro

Recruit
I have a Larson ready for restoration but I would like to know the specifics on it. I purchased it under the assumption of a certain year model but believe it's older. The tag on the transom says Brunswick Boat mfg. Model 21612 serial W38471. The owner told me it wasn't an All American but there is an impression under light you can see on the dash from an old decal that says All American. The interior is out.

Fastatv

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need help Identifying a classic Larson

How about some pictures of the boat? I have a 170 All American, maybe I can help you identify.....and welcome to iboats!

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

I also have an All American, mine is from 1968. check out the resto thread if you like, def worth restoring imho.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Welcome to iboats hydro.

Get some pix posted when you get a chance. If you can't get an ID from the fellas here or @FG, it's a really oddball boat.

Hoppinhydro

Recruit

Thanks for the welcome. I hope all is well with you guys. I am replying on my phone and I do not see where I add pictures. I sent an email to larson. I really want to get started on this project before spring. I have searched tirelessly here and on other sites and also all over the internet and no references to the model number on the tag. I know that Brunswick purchased Larson in 60-61 and sold it back I think sometime in the mid 60's. I don't know how long they continued to apply the Brunswick tags.

groom1234

Cadet

Brunswick owned Larson for a while. Don't remember the exact years, but I believe they (Brunswick) continued to Mfg Larson and also marketed a model of their own. But don't quote me on that. I found a great history somewhere on line (not the Larson website). Maybe Google "Larson history" or something.. I'm fixing one up too. A '64 166. But My HIN says Larson Boat Works. Best wishes.
J