Need help finding a part #--Volvo Penta trim sending unit

spktho

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
81
DP-C drive. I have a couple of numbers from the drive: Serial #3102139652 and another number: 872778. I need the part number for the trim sending unit and if anyone knows a relatively cheap place to order it from.

Thanks

Steve
 

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
62,321
Re: Need help finding a part #--Volvo Penta trim sending unit

Volvo Part number is 873531
 

spktho

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
81
Re: Need help finding a part #--Volvo Penta trim sending unit

Thanks Don. I had also found part number 3849411 but, your part number looks like the sender in the manual.
 

spktho

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
81
Re: Need help finding a part #--Volvo Penta trim sending unit

Need some more help. I ordered the sender part #873531, but Volvo came back and said that part number is not good. They didn't know if there was a part number to supercede it. The sender for the other part I had does not look like the sender I have, so I don't think it will work.

I have been searching for about a week with no luck. Don S (or someone else), could you check to find the new part number?

I appreciate all who help.
 

spktho

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
81
Re: Need help finding a part #--Volvo Penta trim sending unit

I went through the local boat parts store. The part number shows up in their computer too. They ordered it, I assume from Volvo because they called and said "Volvo" says it is not a good part number. I even paid for it so they could order it. Guess I will try the Volvo Penta Store directly.

Thanks again
 
Top