Need help fast about fuel filter/water separator

Marcq

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
241
Hi guys, I'm suppose to be on the water right NOW, change my fuel filter/water separator last night and now can't get gas to go to the engine no mater how much I prime the bulb, what am I missing ?

Marc..
 

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
317
Re: Need help fast about fuel filter/water separator

Sounds like a air leak to me or maybe the bulb is shot.
 

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
8,972
Re: Need help fast about fuel filter/water separator

If you put the filter on dry without filling it with fuel it can do that.
 

Marcq

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
241
Re: Need help fast about fuel filter/water separator

Thanks guys, didn't know you had to fill up the filter first, everything is cool now :D
see you on the water
Thanks, Marc..
 

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 20, 2001
Messages
17,349
Re: Need help fast about fuel filter/water separator

You're vacuum locked. Pull the fuel line off anywhere after the bulb and then pump the bulb. ;)
 

Marcq

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
241
Re: Need help fast about fuel filter/water separator

Well, got stranded a bit, must have a leak somewhere , had to bypass the filter. Can I install the bulb before the filter ?

Marc..
 
Top