need help bad super seahorse

pinto 21629

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: need help bad super seahorse

man i dont know what going on now got the all the gaskets fixed but now im really stumped was running geat but now very hard to start the last time i had to shoot a little wd40 in it to start it smokes a good bit but thats not the problem the problem is at wot it like i left the anhcor on the bottem it wont go over 5 knots it just started doing this but it does not die it just will not go faster than trolling speed i pulled the plugs one was blackish one was more clean

Paul Moir

Admiral

How clean is the clean one, like cleaner then before?<br />Do a compression test. It's not unusual to blow a head gasket when you overheat by any means. If water is getting through the head gasket into the combustion chamber, it'll steam-clean the spark plug.

pinto 21629

Petty Officer 3rd Class

not real clean but like it not burning i forgot to tell u the one that is clean the plug boot is lose so im thinking it loseing fire is there a way to fix it if it pulled lose i think they have the wrong plugs in it to they are the ones he ran for years ran fine for him he was running autolite 353 plugs

Paul Moir

Admiral

Autolite 353 is not wrong, but the Champion J4C is preffered. Get them and gap them at .030.<br /><br />The way those plug boots work is like this:<br />Pull the wire out of them if it didn't fall out already. Reach down inside where the wire went and grab the thin wire with a pair of needle-nose pliers. Pull out the spring-stabber thingy. Stab the spring-stabber thingy into a good spot of insulation on the spark plug wire, making sure you hit the centre conductor well. Then grease the spark plug boot where the wire goes. Then push the spring-stabber thingy back into the boot with the wire attached.<br />Check to make sure both sparks are capable of jumping a 3/8" gap.

pinto 21629

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok i will try to see what happens they say rain here where i live so if i find out any thing i will get back to u what should the commpresion be ok i will see what i can do tommrow if it dont rain thanks again i have the clymer manual but its nothe easyest to understand

pinto 21629

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok i used valve tec decarb changed plugs it easyer to start three pulls from a cold start and it ready to go i have to pull start it because i need a new battry but runs alot better but it smokes more than it did before and it makes a small pingy sound about like a spark knock i did leave the vent cap open by mastake im wondring if a small amount of water got in my portable tank it does pick up speed now but out of the hole it bogs then pick up and run good but it misses evry now and then almost like a cough :confused: :confused:

pinto 21629

Petty Officer 3rd Class

posted August 18, 2004 10:35 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />ok i used valve tec decarb changed plugs it easyer to start three pulls from a cold start and it ready to go i have to pull start it because i need a new battry but runs alot better but it smokes more than it did before and it makes a small pingy sound about like a spark knock i did leave the vent cap open by mastake im wondring if a small amount of water got in my portable tank it does pick up speed now but out of the hole it bogs then pick up and run good but it misses evry now and then almost like a cough <br /><br />--------------------<br />pinto<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 22 | From: maryland | Registered: Aug 2003 | IP: Logged |

pinto 21629

Petty Officer 3rd Class

posted August 22, 2004 10:47 AM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />posted August 18, 2004 10:35 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />ok i used valve tec decarb changed plugs it easyer to start three pulls from a cold start and it ready to go i have to pull start it because i need a new battry but runs alot better but it smokes more than it did before and it makes a small pingy sound about like a spark knock i did leave the vent cap open by mastake im wondring if a small amount of water got in my portable tank it does pick up speed now but out of the hole it bogs then pick up and run good but it misses evry now and then almost like a cough <br /><br />--------------------<br />pinto<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 22 | From: maryland | Registered: Aug 2003 | IP: Logged | <br /><br />--------------------<br />pinto<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 23 | From: maryland | Registered: Aug 2003 | IP: Logged |