Need Cross Bars For My Expy Roof Rack

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
5,147
2005 model. Turns out they're not quite as easy to find as I thought they'd be unless I want to pay over three hundred bucks for a set of blue oval brand. I'm finding many "will probably fit" universal type options, which will be fine, but I know some other iboaters drive Expeditions so I was hoping someone could turn me onto a set that would work fo sho. Thanks my brethren.
 
D

DJ

Guest
Re: Need Cross Bars For My Expy Roof Rack

Have you looked in scrap yards?
 

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
5,147
Re: Need Cross Bars For My Expy Roof Rack

Good idea DJ. Thanks.
 

sublauxation

Lieutenant
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
1,317
Re: Need Cross Bars For My Expy Roof Rack

I doubt you'll have problems finding them in a bone yard down there but if you do let me know, I have to find a white expy hood which will probably require some calling around and I can ask. Shipping that stuff is pretty dirt cheap. $300 is a lot crazy, I can't imagine they'd be more than 30-50 tops on a bad day from the scrappers.
 

rogerwa

Commander
Joined
Nov 29, 2000
Messages
2,339
Re: Need Cross Bars For My Expy Roof Rack

I had a 97 that I needed crossbars for. I called all of the junkyards and could not get them. Most of the cars in the yard were rolled. I found mine on ebay. There were a few of them on there after I first read this..
 

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
5,147
Re: Need Cross Bars For My Expy Roof Rack

Thanks guys. sub, I'll keep that in mind. roger, I saw those on ebay but the sellers said they "should" fit a 2005 Expy. I gather they did in your case?
 

rogerwa

Commander
Joined
Nov 29, 2000
Messages
2,339
Re: Need Cross Bars For My Expy Roof Rack

I bought crossbars for both my expedition and my suburban and they were direct take offs. I also bought the factory running boards for the expy as well.. Bolted right on..
 

sublauxation

Lieutenant
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
1,317
Re: Need Cross Bars For My Expy Roof Rack

Kinda confused as to why the chart says it will fit all 05's and his paragraph says some 03-05's. He has a good rating but I'd ask about the return policy. I'll throw this one on the FordTruck forum and see what they say about compatibility. I just took a look and they're shaped differently vs my 04 for whatever that's worth, but it wouldn't be a problem if the width was right
.
 

sublauxation

Lieutenant
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
1,317
Re: Need Cross Bars For My Expy Roof Rack

"Expedition received new roof rails which replaced the traditional sliding cross-bar roof racks." This is what wikipedia says about changes for 05 but they didn't say if it was a midyear change.
 
Top