Need an accurate weight - 1988 Yamaha 25hp.

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
173
I'm going to repower my inflatable, I have acces to a 1988 Yamaha 25 hp. It is a twin cylinder, short shaft, manual start, without oil injection. As weight is a prime concern, I was wondering if anyone could clue me in as to the weight? I know that the 2005 that the dealer has is 104lbs. Any ideas?


Cheers,
Snow.
 

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Messages
758
Re: Need an accurate weight - 1988 Yamaha 25hp.


My repair manual shows 114-127 for 25 HP 84-87.

Note: Measurements are approximate, minus fluids and propeller for most models. Generally speaking (especially on larger models), pre-mix carbureted versions are lightest and EFI are heaviest, but there are some exceptions.

Lot of help, Huh?
 

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
173
Re: Need an accurate weight - 1988 Yamaha 25hp.

Justintime, the local dealer is somewhat less than helpful...


RetNav, Thank you for taking the time to look it up and reply. I would assume it is at the lighter end of the range..

Cheers,
Snow.
 
Top