FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just got my first pontoon, had many other boats including sailboats. which brings me to my question--no cleats! How do you attach an anchor to a boat with no cleats. Is there a trick pontooners use?
My toon doesn't have actual cleets, it has the "U" bolts on each corner and one also in the middle(front) for the winch strap. I use two anchors, the front middle and then one on the back right because those are the easiest to get to.
I put a big EYE bolt up forward and dead center to hold my front anchor.It's easy to get to and I always have a line hooked to it just in case. The rear is my problem.I can't get to it. So I have a line hooked to the top rail center back. I always pull it up first before starting the motor.
Many people in Your circumstances just tie the anchor to the play pen rail and hope for mild wind and current conditions. with luck nothing bad will happen. The right way is to install firmly anchored tie points.