Need a search link

alldodge

Staff member
Thanks to all for the new forum
I'm trying to figure out how to bring up a listing of "newest threads".

Tried to figure out in the search function, but it can be done by date but this is date of last post to a thread. Can someone figure out how to search for newest threads started?

southkogs

Staff member
Hey AD - when you go to the forum home page, click <<NEW POSTS>> in the upper left. It will show you all of the posts since your last visit.

I haven't figured out how just to find new topics (apart from new posts in old topics).

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Click on New Posts which has a default filter of Unread, meaning unread by you. This shows all threads, including new or old sorted by the last reply time.

To change the search criteria, click on Filters on the right of the light blue line. It has 5 options, one is Unanswered Threads and this may get you close. Give that a try because if new threads are started and have no replies, that should match part of your needs.

Search and Advanced search work better than what we moved from, but doesn't have the granularity we're used to seeing. For example, we can't chose a range of thread Start Dates, only a range of thread activity dates and you have supply a username or a text string. That doesn't help when new threads are started unless you have a premium crystal ball - Mine is busted and out for warranty repair. :)

Anyway, try using the filters.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Another way - Click on What's new and then click on View More on the bottom right. Go through the thread list using the Next button by the the page selection buttons until you see;

oldposts.png

When you see the light blue line you have gone through everything new since you last time on forum. If you haven't left the forum and What's new is clicked, any new or updated threads will be on top of the list.

alldodge

Staff member
Thanks guys but I know and have tried all those
I want just new threads.

So many times a OP post and then post again with more info so zero post doesn't bring it to the top. Or another post saying someone else will be along shortly

Who is the coder these days, I would like to ask them if there is some kind of search which can bring up newest to oldest threads regardless of post count