FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Tried searching online and e-bay with no luck. Looking for a factory manual for a late 70's 225hp 2 stroke. Would appreciate any help in the right direction. Thanks
I have the Seloc manual for this motor, it's not factory, but it covers a wide range of years and Merc motors. I believe you can actually purchase the manual off of iboats, but eBay should have what you are looking for and should cost a little less...that is where I purchased mine, just search under Seloc and narrow it down from there.
I have owned both Seloc and Clymers for Merc motors. Steer away from the Seloc manuals, they are the worst in my opinion. Clymers is better and the factory is best.
I will admit that I would prefer to have a manual for just my year of Mercury, but I was unable to find a manual for just my model...the Seloc I have is all 90hp and up from 1965 to 1989...so the pictures tend to throw me off occasionally. If anyone does find Mercury Outboard manuals for the specific year please let me know as well.
Thanks Fatzbullet for the part number. When I searched under google Iboats.com had the best price of $60.98 plus they currently have 10% off with $7.95 shipping. Very happy to have the factory manual on the way. A total of $62.61 including shipping.