Nav light switch operation?

smoothbadger

Cadet
Hi again

i have so many little niggles i though i would start a seperte thread for each problem i have.....

Next up on the menu is a question regarding the nav light/anc switch....

it has three positions im guessing the middle position is off.?

but what SHOULD happen when its turned either to the left or right.....

am i right in thinking that one way it will only switch on the bow nav light, the other way it will switch on the anc white pole and nav light both together?

MariahMan

Cadet
Re: Nav light switch operation?

The switch you describe on my boat operates like yours except it doesn't move left or right, rather forward and back as it is mounted differently on the helm i presume. On my switch, when you push it forward it lights up the nav lights, anchor light, and the lights for the gauges and switches at the helm. At the center position, everything is off. When i push it back, only the anchor light comes on, nothing else. The reason for the anchor light on by itself is for overnight anchorage as you are not under way but still need to have your anchor light lit.

I hope that answers your question!

180Diablo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My nav/anchor switch sounds exactly like smoothbadgers. Forward (up) should turn on my nav, center is off, back (down) is nav only. Right now my nav lights arent functioning, but my anchor light is.

I do have a separate switch that does the dash lights and the same switch when pressed down, I have no idea what it should be doing.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

A Nav/Anchor light switch operates as follows: when you are at anchor (not under power) only the white all around light is supposed to be on. Underway both the bow and stern lights are to be lit. Here's a diagram of the wiring using a simple ON-OFF-ON switch.

Nav-AnchorSwitch.jpg