Re: NASCAR News
Its a fantastic road course. I'm surprised that it has happened. In the past, rumor had it that the track was too narrow for NASCAR. This area had the Truck series for 4 years. Half mile track was more of a dodgem contest. some drivers liked it, but most didn't.
I like watching the Pro Bikes. That weekend around here is a blast. Brings in lots of people. My most memoriable time out there was in the early 80's watching the bikes run in the rain. They would fish tail all the way down the back stretch. The "S's" is where to watch, or out of the hairpin on the backstretch. I hope they do something with the roads leading in, With 80,000 in the past and this will raise it to figures that are estimated at a minuim of 100,000.
The local radio station said it is scheduled for a race in August of 2013