Napoleon Dynamite

SoulWinner

Commander
The other day I was BS'ing with a friend and we were talking about the movie Napoleon Dynamite. Man, I love that movie, and the guy I was talking to hadn't seen it. So he asks what the movie is about. I thought about it and realized that I have no idea what it's about, but I love it anyway. So he asks what's so good about it. Again I think for a bit and realize I can't answer that one either.<br /><br />So, can anyone here help me out? What is the movie about, and why is it so great?

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Napoleon Dynamite

I think you just have to see it. And then you have to be able to relate to the characters too for it to be funny. So it was hilarious to me! :D

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's about a kid in Idaho. Thats whats so funny.

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

The first time I watched it I hated it. The second time and every other time I watch it I think its the best movie in the world, yet still have no idea what it is about.<br /><br />Belchy

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Fat lard Tina,cage fighting, and talking to hot babes all day on line.

eeboater

Commander

Hmm... I don't know, it hasn't clicked with me yet... I felt my IQ dropping while I was watching it. I think I have to give it a second chance.<br /><br />Sean

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Didn't care for it at all. First movie in a long time that I turned off before it was over and returned it to the video store.<br /><br />To each his own.

KaGee

Admiral

Never saw it... never even heard of it till now. Must have been a huge box office smash... :rolleyes:

sangerwaker

Commander

I've watched it once, and I can't bear the thought to watch it again. That was one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. It did have a few funny parts, but it was too far between them.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Its about a big dork and his dorky family and his dorky friends.<br /><br />Pretty much sums it up.<br /><br />The reason it is popular is that there are way more dorky people than there are cool people. Dorky people identify with this movie. Cool people also like it cause it makes fun of dorky people.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

People I've talked to who don't like it all thought it was a comedy. I think, as a comedy it's a dismal failure. But as a drama about losers trying to get a little bit of happiness, it works. Now I gotta go work on my nunchucks skills.<br /><br />p.s. in case you didn't notice, there's more at the end after the titles.<br /><br />VOTE FOR PEDRO

achris

More fish than mountain goat

If you guys like that, check out "Joe Dirt". That one cracks me up... "I got the poo on me!!"

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

It is about 2.5 hours too long. What's that it's less than 2 hrs, guess that sums it up. ;)

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I think you HAVE to watch it more than once to truly appreciate it.

SoulWinner

Commander

Kenimpzoom,<br /><br />Thanks for splainin' that to me. Yup, I think you summed it for me. I'm a closet dork!

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Seen about ten times, gets better every time I see it. This movie will be aroung for a long time, a new cult flick. <br /><br />Since I'm from that part of Idaho makes it even better<br /><br />Vote for Pedro<br /><br />Spud