Name this boat

Sidewinder140

Recruit
7E6E5581-4621-4C04-BCF8-11F8B7953BF6.jpeg
I need help identifying this boat, this picture is all I have to go off of for now and I want to research these boats before I buy. Has a 460 big block supposedly with a jet drive. Thanks in advance!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have absolutely no idea, BUT I do see a lot of money going into this boat before it is water ready.

Oh, and before I forget it, WELCOME to iboats. We always like new members.

I am sure other members will chime in and give you information about this boat. But understand most any boat setting out in the elements that way, is going to need a lot of work and refurbishing, before it is water ready. I will say it has some great lines though...

southkogs

Staff member
If you Google "day cruiser" you'll find a few boats that look kinda' like that one. Could be one of many manufacturers who have come and gone.

Welcome aboard.

Sidewinder140

Recruit
Okay thanks guys for the replies, looks kinda similar to a Nordic Viking day cruiser now that southkogs steered me in the right direction. Might be able to pick it up for around 1000$ that’s why I’m thinking it might be worth it as long as the big block runs and the jet is functional. Here’s a pic of my current boat, 1980 16’ Sidewinder with a 140 Evinrude. I definitely have a thing for 80’s speed boats 😎33A2F0A0-EB63-4B04-A523-3A1A7881A05C.jpeg

Stinnett21

Chief Petty Officer
Nice boat. Yours I mean. The old day cruiser is nothing but a shell if it's been sitting like that. And the shell would need work. Love the old water hot rods of old too. How fast does she run?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Going to name the boat "giant floating suckhole for cash currently sitting on a trailer"

Seriously, expect to spend a minimum of $10,000 to restore it. $3k on the hull, $2k on the interior, $1-2k on the motor, $1-2k on the drive, and $1-2k on misc ( trailer, cabin, wiring, lights, etc).

You could spend as much as $15k

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer
Who do you want to be when you grow up....Crocket or Tubbs????
:)
Best of luck
Keep us informed

mr 88

Commander
Just get the hull ID off it ,that will tell you who MFG it. Located on the upper right corner of transom . Sort of looks like a Carlson or maybe it was Glaspar that made a hull like that .

Sidewinder140

Recruit
Nice boat. Yours I mean. The old day cruiser is nothing but a shell if it's been sitting like that. And the shell would need work. Love the old water hot rods of old too. How fast does she run?
Thanks! I’ve put a bit of work into her over the years, and going off of memory from last summer (should have wrote it down some where) I got her up to 38 knots with an 18 pitch prop. I’m thinking of running up to a 20 or 22 pitch this summer because it still doesn’t have any issues getting on plane even pulling a wakeboard.

Sidewinder140

Recruit
I’m going to heed the advice of everyone’s wisdom so far and run, not walk away from this project lol I’ll put the time and money into my Sidewinder instead. I really appreciate all of your input, glad I decided to join iboats!

shrew

Lieutenant
name this boat
"Fred" LOL!!!

Honestly, never trust a boat that is stored outside, exposed to the elements and not properly covered. That boat has been stored long enough that the poorly affixed tarp has long since tattered and fallen off.

This means water intrusion occurs, freezes, expands, soaks in and is left to rot the sole, stringers and transom over time.
Famous last words "It just has a few soft spots in the deck".