Name that boat

nightfisher

Cadet
Re: Name that boat

sam winers doesnt have any i checked

but i have this one for sale on dallas craigslist, also have a wesite i just started up for owners of these:

Last edited by a moderator:

SGTAndrews

Recruit
Re: More Pictures

Re: More Pictures

Here are a few more pictures of the boat in question. Definately has an old military feel with heavy sides and large rivits. The console also gives that impression. I saw another one on a local craigslist post that was just a stripped hull with no console. The posting went down before I got around to asking the guy any questions. I assume these came in many variations and have been modified alot over the years.
I'm hoping with one of these heavy boats I can exact revenge on some sunkin timber.

OK, so this unit that you are looking at is indeed a former US army floating bridge pontoon boat. the one pictured is slightly modified the cntr console the engine mount and the hoop over the engine are all additions. These boats where designed to be stacked for shipment and assembled on location stern to stern and side by side, then a bridgedeck was assembled acrossed them. as for avalibility there are quit a few here in northern NY. I too am looking for one. If i find a pair i will post it here.

Scott

"Do or Do not there is no try!"

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Name that boat

PLEASE STOP answering threads that are old.