Mystery hole in Alpha 1 lower unit

liquidlew

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
304
Changing my impeller and noticed this hole in the little basin just to the right of the 2 bolt holes on the left side of the pic. It looks to me like it's supposed to be there, maybe a drain hole or? Lower was completely dry when I took it apart and no water in the oil. Do I need to worry about it?
 

Attachments

  • 000_0256.JPG
    000_0256.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 0

liquidlew

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
304
Re: Mystery hole in Alpha 1 lower unit

What? Nobody want to touch this one? I'm not gonna worry about this hole, seems to be there for a reason, I was just curious since it opens to the outside, and the inside of the unit was completely dry so, onto more serious dilemas...
 

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
62,321
Re: Mystery hole in Alpha 1 lower unit

I don't remember seeing that hole in a drive before, but that doesn't mean it's not there, just that I don't have any drives in front of me to compare.
 
Top