FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Greetings. I'm a new member who recently bought a 1970s vintage 16-ft Fiberform (faux lapstrake) without an engine. There is baffed-out 50hp Johnson 2-stroke on it now that I am replacing. On my budget, I'd like to go with a new 30 hp Tohatsu, but I'm not sure if this will get the hull to plane. Any more speed that what's required for that doesn't interest me. The manufacturer's tag (Canadian Fibreform Ltd, Kelowna, BC) states the max engine size is 100 hp and max payload is 1,665 lbs. The boat is in great shape, so anyone who has any information that will help me get this beauty in the water will be gratefully received.