My wife made an observation...

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: My wife made an observation...

Ouite simply...........just faceless words. Nothing on this forum is equal to anyone's family. It was meant to be communication, but we all have different takes on it. Jason.. if it gets to you, go over to the good news threads. There is always something to bring a smile. :)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

JasonJ, appreciate your post. Everyone has been playing nicer since.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by rudeafrican:<br />
Come on Jason,take it easy.Don't write for a while and just enjoy all of us while we are playing our chatroom roles.You see, this chatroom is not reality.The characters you meet here are often created by their authors as a way to describe the way they react to the world.In everyday life everybody has to do a lot of compromising.Not so here.This is fairytale land.<br /><br />
Now those are true and wise words Rollmops. Must have a beer with you when I finally get over there.
:eek: What! Thats it...I cant fool anyone anymore. :rolleyes:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> JasonJ, appreciate your post. Everyone has been playing nicer since.
Actually, I thinks people have been playing nicer for about two weeks. Nice seemed to have started when JB got flambe'd for locking a thread . . . Then there was a "We Love JB" thread and since then, a little more civil.<br /><br />Stick around Jason. Your posts are very thoughtful and a good contribution.<br /><br />Personally, I have never understood any forum being a problem. It is so easy to ignore if you want; play if you want.<br /><br />BTW, I have two theories on Forum nastiness. First, there is no risk. We are faceless, anonymous posters. In fact I could be ten different people and have my own little war with myself . . .<br /><br />Second, there is no tone of voice or body language. Hard to tell sometimes if it is sarcasm or nastiness. Sounds silly, but smiley's are the only real solution unless you choose your words very carefully and clarify anything that could be ambiguous. My .02 ;)

gonfishn

Commander

For dakk 1...<br /><br />
fishcircle_2.jpg

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I found this site by google many moons ago. I found the majority of posts informative and educational. I'd never heard of SeaFoam until I got here.<br /><br />I joined the forum because I felt I wanted to contribute and the "community" seemed pleasant.<br /><br />Katrina seemed to start some type of negativism. Maybe too much dismal news had an effect on us all.<br /><br />For the most part, I don't login and that way I don't post. In the moments where I might want to respond with my own strong opinion, the fact that I have to type in my nick and password (no password wizard) gives me a moment to reflect that to each their own.

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did you say UFO, Unidentified Floating Object?<br /><br />
P1000698.jpg

aspeck

Staff member

Yea, Jason, I know the feeling. Have not been posting much lately for that same reason. Still hanging around, though!

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I have been busy busy busy...We had a guy quite a few weeks ago so I have been doing his job and mine, in addition to my law enforcement stuff. Just not enough time in the day...<br /><br />I didn't mean I was leaving, I am just going to be more selective with what I get involved with on this forum. I have too much time and energy invested in this place to walk away, I am not a quitter. I'll still read everything, I just felt like this was the place I go to at the end of the work day to unwind, not cause me more stress than a 2:00 AM traffic stop with 4 figdety males in the vehicle.<br /><br />Anyway, I'm still around, doin' my thing. Besides, I know full well if we were all in the same room talking about stuff there would not be nearly half the conflict that happens on here...