My wife just took the boat...

solmate

Seaman Apprentice
....on her maiden "SOLO" voyage. She's hauled the boat, backed it in, drove i & helped load it, but never by herself. Tonite she went on a weekend trip with three of her girlfriends & hauled the boat to Grand Lake in NE OKLA (about 4 hours). I know she knows what to do.... but can she do it by herself. I encouraged her to take the boat & now .......... I'm doubting ...:confused:

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: My wife just took the boat...

This is were that faith thing comes into effect, or is that prayer??????????

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

After over 30 years of knowing my wife and 25 years of being married to her, I can say, they are amazing people, they can do much more than WE think they can..she will be ok and will probably have a blast, don't worry so much..

foodfisher

Captain

Everything will be fine. Now when you go out together, you can sit in the captains chair and watch.

solmate

Seaman Apprentice

She's great when we're together but she was nervous tonite when she left, which in turn has made me

solmate

Seaman Apprentice

....OOOPS.... major nervous. I know she can haul, back down the ramp, knows the routine I do to get the boat ready for launch..... but she's never done it alone, mostly I do the prep, she backs me down, I pull to the dock while she parks....etc. etc., etc. Y'all have to know what I'm feeling right now.....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Been there done that, just wait until she wants to take one of the guns out on a hunting trip!

:D

Jeep Man

Commander

Well Solmate, she better be YOUR soulmate. Anyways, what's the worst that can happen. You next post will be in the Stupid Human Tricks section or some fellow forum member will be telling us about the entertainment he got at the launch recently. See.....that's not so bad.:eek::D

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer

Tell her to call you when she gets there. That way you can give her any needed help

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

On the bright side, if she wrecks the boat, she WILL buy you a new one, but with your money. :rolleyes:

solmate

Seaman Apprentice

Well she made last night, launched the boat & drove it to the rental cabin, tie it off at the dock. She said she went extra slow while prepping the boat to make sure not to miss anything on my list & told the other girls to stay back while she did it. lol I'm very proud of her & so is she of herself, said she's just nervous about loading it. I told her she could do it.

And according to her no "stupid human tricks" so far, but the weekend is just beginning.

marcoalza

Chief Petty Officer

That's brilliant solmate, well done to Mrs solmate!

My wife tried to reverse the trailer down the ramp last week:eek:......I finished the job!
Bless her.:)

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

I can say, they are amazing people, they can do much more than WE think they can..

"They"..."WE"....:confused:

Just don't let "them" get too many ideas in their heads or "They" won't be at ease with themselves...right? Good Lord, "They'll" be wanting to use "OUR" tools and toys next :facepalm:

Sorry, just a sec, that's the phone....oh...Gloria Steinem for you on line 1. ;)

Last edited:

Bounce19712

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would worry about things that could occur from Mr. murphy...trailer tire, bearing, mechanical issue.... trailer Roadside Assistance through Progressive Ins ?

but I worry alot..... you also now will have to consider Mutiny as she knows how to complete a boat trip by herself.... carry some target coupon adds to distract if the crew gets boisterous :)

solmate

Seaman Apprentice

Well, so far so good. She just called. They went out around 9 this morning & just docked at the cabin. Everything went great. She's having a great time.

Bounce... she does know how to change a tire & bearing are in great shape, has AAA.. But now I'm worried I'll come home to find she's got the deer rifle, camo & my tree stand ... without me. lol I'm very proud & now with the added confidence maybe she'll be a lot more help launching & retrieving.:D

Randy J

Petty Officer 2nd Class

maybe they're gonna try that hand catfish thing like on tv?

LongLine

Chief Petty Officer

If all she took was the boat, i wouldn't worry too much. Now if she took the checkbook, all her clothes, the good dishware.... :eek:

;):D

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Not to worry...I'm sure her boyfriend will be there to help out if needed !! :D

I'm sorry....that was uncalled for...:facepalm:

Only joking...;)