My weekend in a nutshell.....

pduquette

Ensign
Well , Lotta wineing here just need to vent:(
Well a friend of mine picked up a an old ???BAT Boat?? - neat looking big finned 2 seater 14 ' tunnel hull and has been bugging me to help him out.
I got outa work @ 6 am get a coffee and mobile breakfast and go to my boat , to do some sanding . I call him at 8 told him I'll be over at 9 . I gathered my supplies for the event and head over 2 towns , kinda wishing I wasn't skipping the work I needed to do .
I made a monster engine stand to hold the Electric shift '73 50hp Evinrude looper - the transom is mush and cracked . dropped the plugs , fogged the cyls , rotated the powerhead . changed the milky gearcase fluid , gapped two new plugs , spark looked good too. hooked my fresh gas and hose up and pump in the fule . After 3-4 cranks his marine batt dies , so we opt to use jumpers to my car 's batt...2-3 more cranks and my idoling car sputters and dies.....yeay.. battery is turning strong , spark is good , but the previously noisy fule pump can't be heard....... hhhmmmmmm.
we check all the fuses , relays ,drain the fule rail and still no sound from the pump . Had to hack out the tank (cut straps and fill/vent tubes ) to get to the pump out . I still gotta get these for the install .got the pump/screen/filter before the dis-assembely (I'm an optimist) so now i just gotta put it back together .
At least I got to work on my tan - I usualy have to work outside in the rain . Peter

Dm82

Seaman Apprentice
Re: My weekend in a nutshell.....

Sounds like it was an eventfull weekend!!!! Best of luck to you.
If boat work was easy would we really still want to do it?

pduquette

Ensign
Re: My weekend in a nutshell.....

Well I'd rather work on ny boat ,than be forced to make unscheduled repairs on my car , the only blessings are , this time i had a helper , good weather , and a cash-stash (my trip money ) also better than breaking down in the bronks on the way to fla.... the only thing they would find is the RED SOX licence plate trim .:D:D
got her up and running at 5pm this evening:redface: peter