My very first boat....1977 Ranger 205-A

Iceman71374

Recruit
I am new to the owning a boat. This is my very first one. I think I got lucky I think.... The boat is a 1977 Ranger 205-A 20 foot bass boat. It came with the original outboard motor that runs. It is a 1977 175 HP mercury Black Max V6. The motor runs great! the only problems so far are the thru hull connectors for the livewells and bilge pump needed to be replaced along with all the hoses. Just put a new water pump impeller in it and took her out to the lake and guest what! I only had forward NO REVERSE!!! I am going to drop the lower unit again in the morning and try to fix what I did wrong by reinstalling the lower unit and this time make sure it is in nuetral. I will post pictures as soon as i take some. I need to replace the floor it has some soft spots. But I need help with the front livewell. The thru hull connector that feeds it had garden hose on it and I can't figure out how to reach it so I can replace the hose........any ideas?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: My very first boat....1977 Ranger 205-A

I only had forward NO REVERSE!!! I am going to drop the lower unit again in the morning and try to fix what I did wrong by reinstalling the lower unit and this time make sure it is in nuetral.

Ayuh,... Merc.s need to have Everything in Forward when servicing....