My Trolling Motor Installation Parts List - 215xi Deck Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDTravis

Cadet
I saw where some others were having trouble finding the parts to install a trolling motor on a deck boat. Here's what worked for me.

The local Bass Pro has an affiliated Tracker Service Center nearby. They will install the motor for you. They will also order a parts kit for you (special order, prepaid). They will ask for your hull ID number and look up the correct parts with hull ID as the key. I found them to be very helpful, perhaps because servicing boats is their main business.

Note
1. The complete list may include some parts for Motorguide that you don't need if you're using Minn Kota. Mine did and I just returned them.
2. You may want to obtain your own hardware, or they might not want to bother with the small stuff. I asked them to order everything, and as a result I have $4 worth of screws left over.

I'll list the part numbers for my set-up just in case. Just in case your boat is older and specifies an unavailable part and the parts guy doesn't know the substitutions.

Note 3. My 2010 specifies the plastic mounting plate whereby the retracted motor stores along the centerline or close to it. Tracker thinks this is better because it eliminates potential for damage while docking. Your opinion may vary; I have no experience with it so can't comment. The older boats specify an aluminum plate where the motor stows angled to port.

The plastic bracket nets out cheaper than the aluminum.

TR150802 Trolling Motor Bracket
TR12316 Rubber Bumper (these are sized for #10 screws. I drilled them out to 1/4" which was an adventure. Tracker said that's what they do too)
TR20329 Plug. You'll splice this to the trolling motor power

I used the Minn Kota MKA-21 quick release bracket. Between the hardware kit with the motor and the bracket I think the only other addition was four 1/4-20X2 stainless steel flat head screws, fender washers and nylock nuts to complete the job.

For MotorGuide you'll want the TR150928 Cover Plate.

Between the diagrams in the motor and quick release instructions you'lll figure out all the specs.

One tip for mounting the puck to the plate: the mounting holes on the MKA-21 match the holes on the TR150802. Assemble the the MKA-21 and bolt the whole assembly to the TR150802. That's where the puck goes - drill those holes out and assemble the puck to the TR150802. The rest will fall into place.

Good fishing.

Re: My Trolling Motor Installation Parts List - 215xi Deck Boat

Thanks for the post, I am in the market for a trolling motor for my 09 Tahoe 215 and was wondering if you could share any pictures of your completed installation.

There's another posting out here with a just some steel pucks left over when everything is removed and that's what I'd like to strive for is a nice clean deck when not fishing.

I took my boat to a non-tracker dealer and they could not get me the parts, problem is the tracker dealers is about an hour away to go visit. The dealer in town wanted to sell me a 101lb Minnkota, I like Minnkota it just seemed like a bigger motor than my needs. What size did you get?

will2kz

Seaman Apprentice

http://forums.iboats.com/tahoe-boat...-detector-tahoe-216-a-564253.html#post4150179

Did you look at my thread? I went through this thoroughly and posted pics. I avoided the dealer, bought the plate from greatlakesskipper, but the minnkota quick release system, did a lot o measuring and all is good. Even mounted a depthfinder up there as my troller has sonar in it.

http://forums.iboats.com/tahoe-boat...-detector-tahoe-216-a-564253.html#post4150179

Did you look at my thread? I went through this thoroughly and posted pics. I avoided the dealer, bought the plate from greatlakesskipper, but the minnkota quick release system, did a lot o measuring and all is good. Even mounted a depthfinder up there as my troller has sonar in it.

I did see that thread, it didn't have the part #'s so that was my issue, so was looking for some pictures with the parts that KDTravis used.

Finleyfoto

Recruit

I have a 215xi and would like to order one of the mounts from greatlakesskipper. I'm not sure which one would work best. Can you give me the distance between the pucks on your boat that you used to select the one you bought? Or do you have the part number of the one you ordered?

Thanks - all of this information has been very helpful

will2kz

Seaman Apprentice

If you don't have the pucks already on your deck, then it doesn't really matter which one you choose, you will have to mount them from scratch. I bought a repo bought and the pucks were on, but I didn't have the aluminum plate so I had to measure and hope for the best.
My boat doesn't live with me year round, so I couldn't measure for you anyway. I don't have the part number, but I will say after another full year of use, it has been an excellent system. I couldn't be happier.

mjohnson5606

Recruit

I came across this as I'm having a similar issue. I have a Tahoe 195 with the 2 metal pucks on the front of my boat. But I can't seem to find the Tahoe trolling motor bracket plate to fit onto the 2 metal pucks. The plan was to install a quick release mount to the trolling motor bracket plate.

I saw this thread and tried clicking on some of the links, but the links aren't working (maybe too old). Is it possible to repost some pics/links/etc...?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yes, it's too old and the posters in the thread no longer visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.